COVID-19 Safety Procedures
As we welcome the community back to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority.
We have taken important and necessary steps to ensure the safety of our members, program participants, volunteers and staff. This means things will look and feel a little different!
When you come back to the Y, this is what you can expect:
- All visitors will need to fill out a new waiver to enter the facility. (También disponible en español)
- Face coverings are required while entering, exiting and walking throughout the facility. Face covering should be worn while exercising if social distance can’t be maintained.
- Thermal reading and health screening will be performed upon entry.
- Social distance within the facility and while waiting in line.
- Please adhere to the signs and ground markings noting six feet of separation.
- Note the adjusted capacity for buildings and rooms. Capacity is monitored “live.”
- Please remember to “check out” when exiting the facility so another member can “check in.”
- We appreciate our members keeping their visits to a maximum of two hours.
We ask that our members help prevent the spread of germs while visiting by:
- Utilizing provided sanitizers
- Washing your hands often
- Wiping down fitness equipment after use
- Staying six feet apart to prevent social gathering
General Membership Policies
- Members must present their membership card each time they visit the YMCA, scanning in and out to gain access.
- Due to limited capacity from the COVID-19 pandemic, we will temporarily be unable to honor guest/day passes or Nationwide YMCA Membership access.
- Memberships can be put “on hold” temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic. Written notice is required 10 days prior to the draft date.
- Youth ages 12 and under are temporarily unable to access facility amenities with the exception of programming such as day camp and preschool.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported. Loaned or expired cards will be confiscated.
- Not following YMCA policies or procedures is grounds for membership termination without refund.
- Insurance: The cost of health/accident insurance is not included in membership or program fees. YMCA does not provide accident or medical insurance.
- Personal babysitting services are not authorized by YMCA employees.
- The YMCA is not responsible for items lost or stolen while utilizing YMCA facilities/programs.
- No bags or purses are permitted in wellness rooms. Lockers are provided.
- Smoking and/or vaping is not permitted on YMCA property.
- Animals are not permitted in the facility or on YMCA property (ADA service animals accepted).
- All requests for changes in membership accounts must be done in writing.
- Policies and services are subject to change without notice in order to better meet the needs of YMCA members and participants.
- Bank drafts occur on the 10th, 15th, or 25th of each month, depending on payment method - a credit card is only available to be drafted on the 15th. It is the member's responsibility to check their monthly statement and report any corrections to the YMCA immediately. A $10 service fee will be applied to all accounts returned, unpaid, closed or payments stopped.
Code of Conduct
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all its members and guests. The YMCA is an organization open to all people. We welcome and value individuals of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, abilities, and sexual orientations. We are committed to having programs and services that embrace diversity, respecting the people and needs of our communities.
To promote safety, all individuals are asked to act appropriately and follow the rules/guidelines at all times within our facility or when participating in our programs. We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The following actions listed below are behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities and programs, and therefore not allowed. Please note this is not an exhaustive list.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals(drugs) on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, and at Y-sponsored programs
- Smoking on YMCA property
- Carrying a concealed weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon or to harm another person are not allowed on property unless carried by qualified active and/or retired law enforcement
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way
- Verbally abusive or offensive behavior-including angry or vulgar language, swearing name-calling or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation and behavior
- Any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in the loss or destruction of property
- Loitering on YMCA property
- Cell phone photography or unauthorized photography of facilities, members or participants
- Pets are not allowed on Y property unless they are service animals to assist members
The YMCA of San Diego County reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been convicted of any crime including sexual abuse, sex offending, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics, or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, chemicals, narcotics or intoxicating beverages. Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their actions, comfort and safety. Anyone who witnesses behavior that goes against our Code of Conduct is encouraged to report the behavior to a staff person or Manager on Duty immediately (versus confronting another member directly). Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result if the Executive Director determines that a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
How to Cancel Your Membership with the YMCA of San Diego County
- Fill out and submit this online membership cancellation form.
- Please note: Submitting this form does not automatically cancel your membership — instead, it notifies the membership team at your home branch of your request and provides the necessary information for them to process it as quickly as possible.
- Request to cancel your membership at the Welcome Center at your YMCA Home Branch.
Important Notes on Cancellation Policy
Membership cancellation requests must be submitted in writing and confirmed as processed by a membership representative from your home branch 10 days prior to your payment due date - otherwise, your bank account will be charged.
If you do not receive a confirmation notice acknowledging receipt of your request, it is your responsibility to notify membership staff.
Lost and Found
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. All items given to the Member Service Desk will be held for two weeks. If not claimed, the items will be donated. Please check at the Member Service Desk for lost items.