INSURANCE PAID MEMBERSHIP
The Y partners with several insurance providers to offer discounts and free memberships to help you invest in your health. Y members enjoy access to 14 YMCA locations, state-of-the art strength and cardio equipment, unlimited exercise classes, lap swim, water exercise, social activities and Virtual YMCA, featuring live and on-demand workouts. Learn more about YMCA membership.
Renew Active is here to help you stay fit, stay focused and stay you. The YMCA has a partnership with UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans that provides a free membership through its Renew Active program. Available exclusively from UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans, Renew Active members receive a waived join fee and a senior individual membership at no cost.
Renew Active is available at all San Diego County YMCAs.
For information on Renew Active, visit UHCRenewactive.com or contact the customer service number on the back of your UnitedHealthcare insurance card.
Available for Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage (HMO) plan members, the Silver&Fit Healthy Aging and Exercise Program offers an individual membership to the YMCA of San Diego County at no additional cost.
HOW TO ENROLL
- Use your Kaiser Permanente member ID to register at www.silverandfit.com.
- Locate the YMCA branch near to you with the enhanced search feature.
- You can also enroll through a Silver&Fit customer service agent by calling 1-877-750-2746 (TTY/TDD 711), Monday through Friday, 5am to 6pm.
Peerfit Move is a fresh approach to wellness for Medicare members, providing flexible fitness options and facilitating social connections to help maintain an active lifestyle. Provided as a fitness benefit by a member’s health plan or insurance carrier, Peerfit enables members to take advantage of free membership at the Y.
Get Started Online
- Go to peerfitmove.com/hap and click "Sign Up."
- Answer a few questions to set your preferences and check your email inbox to verify your email address.
- Select a gym membership option at a YMCA of San Diego County location.
- Activate your membership using your health plan-provided Peerfit Move credits.
Should you have any difficulty creating an account or accessing the Peerfit Move website, or for any general questions about the program, contact [email protected] or call 1-858-378-6683 and select option 1.