Adventure Clubs At T. Claude and Gladys B. Ryan Family YMCA
The T. Claude and Gladys B. Ryan Family YMCA in Point Loma is proud to offer Adventure Clubs (previously known as Indian Guides or Indian Princesses) — a place where a child and their parent can become an explorer and guide, embarking together on an amazing journey of discovery and growth.
At the heart of the Adventure Clubs are the Compass Points:
- Family: The “true north” of Adventure Clubs that everything centers around.
- Nature: Directly experiencing and camping in the great outdoors is an integral part of Adventure Clubs.
- Community: The spirit of Adventure Clubs is strongest when belonging to a community — known as the “Circle”.
- Fun: The magic ingredient that makes each Adventure Club a memory to last a lifetime.
Each event is themed after one of the following Adventure Club Aims. Everyone who memorizes and can recite the Aims earns a SPECIAL bead/bearclaw to add to their leather lanyard necklace.
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be friends forever with my dad/mom, son/daughter.
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To listen while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of our creator’s work in forest, field, and stream.
Each Adventure Club offers group activities everyone can participate in — including games, songs, story-telling, skits, tent camping, hiking, rafting, rock climbing, swimming, community service and much more. Adventure Clubs also include special one-on-one time for each parent and child, helping build important bonds through a shared experience in a fun environment you can't find anywhere else.
View All Adventure Club Activities
Cabrillo Nation — Father and Child
Welcome to Cabrillo Nation — father-daughter and father-son circles located in the Ocean Beach, Midway and Point Loma areas! Each month fathers and their children will take trips together, exploring the outdoors and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Join Cabrillo Nation Browse Club Activities
Contact Us About Adventure Clubs
Have some questions about Adventure Clubs or having difficulty registering online? We're happy to answer any questions you have or help you sign up for the Adventure Clubs program that's right for you!
Contact us via telephone at (619) 226-8888 during regular business hours, or email us at [email protected] and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.