Explore Digital Arts at Mission Valley YMCA Digital Studio
Mission Valley YMCA Digital Studio at Mission Valley YMCA offers a learning environment outfitted with high-tech tools for mixing and editing music, developing video projects, creating art and more.
Mission Valley YMCA Digital Studio provides a safe, out-of-school learning opportunity for students from under-resourced communities. The Digital Studio is the first of its kind in San Diego. It serves as an after-school outlet where local youth can tap into their passions and develop skills in a learning environment outfitted with high-tech tools for mixing and editing music, developing video projects, creating art and more.
The studio features professional-quality equipment, including a total of 20 computers — loaded with the latest video editing and music studio software — digital video equipment, and a small music recording studio.
Hours for Internet Access and Gaming
M-F: 1:00pm - 3:00pm ; 7:00pm - 9:00pm
SAT: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
SUN: 10:00am - 5:00pm
M-F: 9:00pm - 3:00pm ; 7:00pm - 9:00pm
SAT: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
SUN: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Looking for a fun and inviting social environment to spend your free time? The Mission Valley YMCA's newly renovated digital studio offers access to 20 PC or gaming stations with high-speed internet. As a member, you will also receive discounts on our programs, gaming tournaments, leagues, birthday parties, and more.
Enjoy playing your favorite games on 20 Nintendo Switches and PCs, including Super Smash Bros, Splatoon, FIFA 24, NBA 2k, MLB “The Show”, Overwatch, Fortnite, Rocket League, Minecraft, League of Legends, and many more!
Whether you're looking for a place to work, learn, or socialize, we have you covered. Our digital studio with high-speed internet and access to tons of other software. We also offer chess and other games to help you stay mentally sharp. See below.
- Lumosity: The world’s most popular brain training program. Improve your memory, flexibility, and more with this fun and engaging program.
- Chess: A popular and convenient way to play the classic game of chess. With digital chess, players can easily find opponents from around the world and play at any time.
- More +
As a member, you will receive discounts on our programs, tech support, software consulting, and more.
Classes and Programs for Youth & Adults
We provide ongoing classes for youth and adults. Check the Program Finder for upcoming sessions. Note: Not all classes are offered at the same time. Topics include:
- Computer Basics: One-on-one, hour-long sessions for ages 18 and older, emphasizing basic computer literacy and troubleshooting your desktop, laptop, tablet and/or phone.
- Social Media: One-on-one, hour-long sessions for ages 18 and older, emphasizing the basics of navigating social media channels.
- Photography: Learn basic principles in this class for ages 10 to 14.
- Photoshop: Sessions available for youths and adults. Learn the basic layout of the program as well as the tools necessary to get you working in Adobe Photoshop!
- Robotics: We offer beginning and intermediate Build-Me Robotics courses children age 8 and older.
- Video editing: Workshops children ages 10 and older.
- Illustrator: Adults and children ages 12 and older can learn the basics of Adobe Illustrator.
CURRENT OFFERINGS FOR YOUTH
Mission Valley Y's Digital Studio provides a safe and supervised digital gaming opportunity for students and is the first of its kind at the Y in San Diego. It serves as an after-school outlet where youth can tap into their passions and develop technology skills in a learning environment outfitted with high-tech tools for designing and building robots, 3D printed creations, gaming, exploring the world of making and more. Ages range from 6-17.
- LEGO WeDo Robotics | Ages 6–9
- LEGO Mindstrom Robotics | Ages 8–13
- First LEGO League (Competitive) | Ages 9–14
- Arduino Robotics | Ages 10–15
- 3D Design & Printing | Ages 8–17
- No Code Game Design | Ages 6–10
- Game Design with Unity | Ages 12–17
- Learn to Code Game Design | Ages 8–13
- Minecraft Builders! | Ages 6–12
- Modded Minecraft | Ages 8–15
- Esports: Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ages 7–14)| Rocket League (Ages 8–12)| Overwatch 2 (Ages 13–17)| Valorant (Ages 13–17)
Play Pass Membership
To sign up for a Digital Studio Play Pass membership, please visit the Welcome Center at Mission Valley YMCA. Come join the fun and experience our warm, inviting social environment today!
- YMCA members:
- Monthly pass/membership: $25
- Six-month pass: $150
- Annual pass: $300
- Monthly pass/membership: $30
BENEFITS OF A PLAY PASS MEMBERSHIP
This membership will allow participants to use the computers freely during our open hours. Open hours are Monday–Friday from 2:00pm–7:00pm.
Some perks of the membership are:
- Member exclusive classes
- Free events (keynotes, demos from field experts and Teen Night)
- Member rates on Digital Studio programs
- Open space for gaming, socializing and school/work
- More to come in the future!
For more information about the digital studio and its programming contact: