At the YMCA of San Diego County, we believe all kids deserve the chance to experience the life-changing power of camp. Since 1882, our camps have inspired kids with countless opportunities to laugh, lead and make lasting friendships.
We offer a unique learning environment where youth are introduced to outdoor experiences, can nurture their passions and explore new interests.
FIND YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE!
WHY THE Y
- Wide variety of activities for your child to explore
- Outdoor play
- Opportunity to make friends
- Peace of mind for working parents
- ACA Accredited
- Safe environment
- Inclusion support
- Dedicated, trained and caring staff
To receive the Y member rate for any program, your membership must be active throughout the duration of the registered program session(s), otherwise the non-member fee will be applied. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a Y member, and join us today!
Y COMMUNITY PLUS MEMBERSHIP
- Rate is up to 15% off the nonmember rate. This rate also applies to active members who have not yet upgraded to one of our new membership plans.
Y COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP
- Rate is up to 10% off the nonmember rate.
TIPS FOR A SMOOTH SIGN-UP
Please note that you must create a new My Y account in order to register. Prior to registration day, please log in to your My Y Account to make sure your profile is complete with payment method, valid email address, child's birthdate and full name, etc. If you are new to the Y, you can set up your account now.
SPRING DAY CAMP
- Weekly sessions running from March 18 to April 12, 2024 (varies by location).
SUMMER DAY CAMP
- Sessions running from June 6 to August 16, 2024 (varies by location).
- February 28, 2024: Member Registration Opens (Ecke, Mottino, South Bay and Camp Surf)
- March 1, 2024: Nonmember Registration Opens (Ecke, Mottino, South Bay and Camp Surf)
- March 4, 2024: Member Registration Opens (McKinney, Mission Valley, Ryan, Rancho, Toby, Cameron, Davis, McGrath, Jackie Robinson and Copley-Price)
- March 6, 2024: Nonmember Registration Opens (McKinney, Mission Valley, Ryan, Rancho, Toby, Cameron, Davis, McGrath, Jackie Robinson and Copley-Price)
Find a variety of day camps at 15 locations in the county.
BORDER VIEW FAMILY YMCA - Chula Vista | San Ysidro
YMCA CAMP SURF — Imperial Beach
CAMERON FAMILY YMCA - Santee
COPLEY-PRICE FAMILY YMCA - City Heights | Kensington
JOHN A. DAVIS FAMILY YMCA - La Mesa | El Cajon
JOE AND MARY MOTTINO FAMILY YMCA - Oceanside
JACKIE ROBINSON FAMILY YMCA - Mountain View | National City
MAGDALENA ECKE FAMILY YMCA - Encinitas | Carlsbad
MCGRATH FAMILY YMCA - Rancho San Diego | Spring Valley | Jamul
DAN MCKINNEY FAMILY YMCA - La Jolla | University City
MISSION VALLEY YMCA - Mission Valley
RANCHO FAMILY YMCA - Rancho Peñasquitos
SOUTH BAY FAMILY YMCA - Chula Vista
T. CLAUDE AND GLADYS B. RYAN - Point Loma
TOBY WELLS YMCA - Kearny Mesa
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you have any questions or need help registering, email us at [email protected].
- A $60 deposit can be made at the time of registration to save a spot in camp without immediately paying the full amount. Deposits are non-refundable but can be immediately applied as a deposit for another camp if space is available or applied to an already existing camp balance within the same season. See our Refund/Voucer/Transfer Policies for more information.
- Full payment is due by end-of-day Monday, three weeks before camp. Non-payment will result in the camper being removed from the roster and their space becoming available to new registrants.
- Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage anyone interested in camp to register as soon as possible.
- These unprecedented times have created an unprecedented need for financial assistance. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss options that may be available to you.
- Vouchers can be applied to new day camp registrations during checkout.
- Vouchers are tied to the same account you registered with, and are applied to new programs during the checkout process.
- You can also choose to apply the voucher to another Y program, convert the voucher into a refund, or donate all or part of it to help support the YMCA’s efforts in supporting our community.
- If you register for a camp and do not see the voucher application option appear during the checkout process, don't worry — simply register for the camp with a $60 deposit to save your space, then email us at [email protected] for help.
- Friend Requests
- Requests must be received by the Wednesday before camp starts
- Requests must be provided by the families of both campers
- Both campers must be registered for the same camp
- Campers are limited to 1 friend request per camp each week
Our top priority is the health and safety of our campers, their families, our staff and the community. We work closely with local health officials, the American Camp Association and the CDC to ensure all recommended safety measures are met.
Camps run for 8 hours per day and have extended camp options for those who need it. Please visit branch pages for specific hours information.
Authorized parent(s)/guardian(s) must accompany their camper through the mandatory sign-in process, which includes a temperature check and an intake screening. Any camper with a temperature exceeding 100°F degrees will not be allowed to attend camp that day.
Pens will be labeled clean or used and will be sanitized after each use to provide the legal signature required at drop-off and pick-up. A government-issued photo ID is also required at pick-up.
LATE PICK-UP POLICY
Children not picked up at the end of the camp day will be supervised by our staff.
A fee of $1 per minute will be charged when camp closes. For example: A full day of camp ends at 4:30 pm, and if a child is picked up at 4:56 pm, there will be a charge of $26. Every attempt will be made to contact parents or a listed authorized pick-up.
If by 5:30pm all contacts are not reachable, and the child has not been picked up, Child Protective Services will be contacted. A late fee will be assessed starting at 4:30 pm according to our clock.
ADDITIONAL DAY CAMP POLICIES
For more information about Day Camp at the YMCA of San Diego, visit our Day Camp Policy page here.
Teen Leadership Camps
Leaders in Training (LIT) and Counselor in Training (CIT)
These day camp programs are an excellent opportunity for teens to learn hands-on job experience and responsibilities, while still operating under the supervision of our camp staff team. Additionally, all hours completed within a LIT Placement Day Camp can be recorded as community service hours! In our program finder, search for search for LIT Training, LIT/CIT Training or CIT Training.
School Break Camps
Kids Can Play and Thrive Throughout the Year
When school’s not session, we provide a fantastic experience where kids can still learn and grow.
Camping Trips for a Parent and Child
This long-standing program is dedicated to strengthening the bonds between parent and child. Adventure Clubs strengthen the relationship through fun activities like hiking and camping.