Camp Marston’s Outdoor Education program, also known as School Camp, provides overnight environmental education experiences to fifth and sixth-grade students.
- Hands-on experiential outdoor science classes aligned with several educational standards.
- High energy activities in group dynamics, personal challenge and evening programs.
- A strong Character Development program is woven through the experience.
- Serving over 6,000 students and 95 schools each year September through June.
- High-quality staff providing instruction and supervision.
- Delicious and nutritious food served family style to promote conversation and community.
Our Outdoor Education classes at Camp Marston and Raintree Ranch are based on the Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards and California’s Education and the Environment Initiative.
Utilizing our large outdoor classroom, our activities are designed to build an understanding of ecological principals and the relationship between each student and the natural world. We incorporate Character Education into every aspect of our program using core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. Our qualified staff instructs all classes and activities.
Cooperation and communication are of paramount importance and we encourage students to work together and appreciate their individual talents by creating positive social interaction among peers. We also introduce traditional camp adventures in a personal challenge such as boating, archery, and a 42-foot climbing tower.
School Planning Guide
Our School Planning Guide is designed to help you plan your school’s trip. Includes general information about the program, facilities, curriculum and all the necessary planning forms for your trip.
If planning your first trip you should print the entire School Planning Guide (we recommend every teacher have a copy of this Guide). If you just need specific forms or information, you can print smaller sections, too.
If you have additional questions, please contact us today!