WHAT'S NEW FOR YOU At Rancho Family YMCA
FALL BREAK DAY CAMP SIGN-UPS
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Fall 2023! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- Session 1: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Session 2: Friday, November 10, 2023
- Session 3: November 20-22 (Monday – Wednesday)
Facility News and Updates
Check here for news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Rancho Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
CHILD WATCH OPTION
Family members can opt to add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $20 monthly. Use your Child Watch benefit at any YMCA that offers the service. While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Child Watch is open to children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old.
Health and Wellness
Join us every week for open play pickleball in Studio 3 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am – 1:00pm! All levels welcome.
Private lesson 3 or 6 session packages are now available! Lessons take place from 12:00pm-4:00pm. For more information contact Morgan at [email protected].
ADULT MARTIAL ARTS
Martial arts class will be starting on Mondays at 6:00pm for those ages 13 and up! Get ready to kick it and learn various martial art forms. For more information contact Morgan at [email protected].
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Check the group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
Women's Wellness Weekend
September 22-24, 2023 | $199 member | $225 nonmember – Join us at Camp Martson for a relaxing weekend filled with camp activities, delicious meals and classes focused on mind and body wellness. Register today!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
LIVESTRONG is at the YMCA! This important program for cancer survivors focuses on health, rather than the disease, and is helping cancer survivors in 40 states move beyond illness to reclaim their wellness in both spirit, mind and body. Learn more about the program here and contact Francine at [email protected] for more information.
Activities for Kids and Families
ADVENTURE CLUBS 2023-2024 | REGISTRATION AND FALL CAMPOUTS NOW OPEN!
August to November campouts registration is OPEN! Adventure Clubs at the YMCA nurture the relationships between parents and children through camping and other outdoor activities. Enjoy weekend campouts (tent and cabin camping) from the desert to the mountains and beaches. Parents and their children can look forward to making new friends and participating in activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, crafts, campfire skits and more! Learn more.
- Upcoming Campouts: Catalina Island - Two Harbors on September 15-17
- Registration is still open for Clubs!
PARENTS NIGHT OUT
Enjoy a night out and drop your kids off at the YMCA for games, crafts and fun. Located in the program center: 9440 Fairgrove Lane. Register today!
- Upcoming dates: September 16, Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm | Saturday, September 30, 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Cost: $33 members | $44 participants. Ages 3-12. Kids must be potty trained.
Sign up for group or private swim lessons: Register today.
- Adult private swim clinics: Swimming is a life-long sport, and it is never too late to learn or improve. Private clinics take place on weekdays, Monday through Friday, with clinic times available from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Swim clinics are 45 minutes and cost includes four sessions. Cost per package (4 sessions): $173 members | $231 nonmembers. Start swimming.
- For more information, contact Aquatics Director, Emily Seitz at [email protected].
FAMILY MARTIAL ARTS
Our family martial arts class will be starting on Saturdays at 11:15am for those ages 7 and up! Get ready to kick it together and learn taekwondo, judo, jiujitsu and more! For more information contact our Sports Coordinator, Morgan at [email protected].
Youth sports clinics and peewee lessons are a great way to be active, learn teamwork and connect with a sport. Sign up your young athlete for youth sports clinics! When enrolling online, use the top left location filter to find options for Rancho Family YMCA.
- Sports Programs at Rancho Family YMCA this month:
Soccer clinics: Saturdays, 10:00am
Basketball clinics: Mondays, 4:00pm | Sundays, 10:00am
Peewee lessons: Soccer and basketball for ages 3-5. Register now for peewee sports!
- Soccer: Saturdays, 9:00am
- Basketball: Sundays, 9:00am or Mondays, 3:00pm
- All ages: Karate lessons. (Register in branch)
- We need parent volunteers! If you are interested in getting involved in coaching our youth sports clinics or lessons, contact our Sports Coordinator at [email protected]. Training is provided!
Little Ninja classes for ages 3 to 5 at the gymnastics center at Canyonside Recreation Center. The class is a perfect introduction to our parkour classes. Learn more and sign up.
Jump into fun with gymnastics! Toddlers and teens can grow strong, get confident and find balance in a safe, fun and encouraging environment. Learn more.
Open gym is available at Palomar Family YMCA and Gymnastics Center on Saturdays from 1:00 to 2:30pm. Register today!
Join our Masters swim team! Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:20am - 6:20am. Sign up online to start swimming today!
Cost: $57 members | $73 nonmembers. Read more information about Masters swim online here.
- Gymnastics parties: Bounce, swing and jump at our gymnastics party. Enjoy the gym with our gymnastics coaches leading safe activities then celebrate with presents and food in a separate party space! Learn more and book your party today.
- Pool parties: Splish, splash and swim! Have fun at our pool parties! Pool birthday parties are two hours long to include an hour of pool time fun in the pool (and Splash Pad if applicable) and an hour of room time for activities, food or cake (provided by parent). Contact Richard at [email protected] for information.
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
FITNESS CLASSES TO TRY
Thanks to our versatile, excellent instructors, most moves in our group fitness classes can be modified to suit any fitness level. If you're new to our group fitness classes and start here:
- Deep Water Aqua
- Aqua Interval
- Aqua Arthritis
- Exercise Lite
- Zumba Gold
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Events and Special Activities
Check here for exciting events happening at the Rancho Family Y!
FALL FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
Join us for a festive, fall movie night on Friday, October 27, 6:00pm - 9:00pm at the Rancho Family YMCA activity pool! This event is free for members and $10 nonmembers. Enjoy a night bobbing for apples, hanging out with friends and decorating a pumpkin! For more information, contact Monica Duggan at [email protected]. No registration is required for this event.
Book club coming soon! Interested in joining? Contact Francine at [email protected].
SYLVAN LEARNING TUTORING
The YMCA has partnered with Sylvan Learning to hold on-site tutoring at Rancho Family YMCA. Raise your child’s confidence and grades with the largest tutoring company in America. Sylvan Learning offers flexible hours, an affordable research-based curriculum, tracking and reporting, customized solutions and measurable results. They’ll also pay for your YMCA membership. Ask how! For more information, write to [email protected] or call 858-413-9090.
- Our partnership with Sylvan Learning has enabled us to offer these resources to Y members and camp participants.
Y in the Community
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.