Gymnastics at Palomar Family YMCA
Build Strength, Skills and Confidence with Your Friends at the Y
Welcome to Palomar Family YMCA gymnastics, where toddlers to teens can grow strong, get confident, find balance and jump into fun. Based on the skills, levels and progressions developed by USA Gymnastics, our gymnasts learn in an encouraging atmosphere as they build skills to progress through each level of the program.
Location and Contacts
Palomar Family YMCA Gymnastics
1050 North Broadway
Escondido, CA 92026
Jessica Jimenez • [email protected]
Registering for Classes
Class registration is available up to three months in advance. Classes are often full; we suggest registering 3-4 weeks in advance to ensure your child gets the class day/time you want.
Preschool Gymnastics — Ages 1 to 5
The preschool gymnastics program offers age-appropriate instruction to help children gain coordination, balance, listening, social and motor skills — all in a fun gymnastics environment.
- 1, 2 and You — Ages 1-2 (Parent/Child)
- Gymventures 3 — Ages 3
- Gymventures 4/5 — Age 4-5
- Supertots — Age 3-5
- Superstars — Age 4-5
Boys Progressive Gymnastics — Ages 5-12
Boys in progressive classes will have the opportunity to use all of the men’s gymnastics apparatus: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, and horizontal bar. Gymnasts will learn gymnastics terminology and develop strength, coordination, flexibility and self-confidence.
- Level 1 — Ages 6-8
- Level 2 — Ages 6-11
Girls Progressive Gymnastics
Girls enrolled in progressive classes will gain experience on each of the four women’s gymnastics apparatus: vault, uneven parallel bars, balance beam and floor exercise. Gymnasts will learn gymnastics terminology and develop strength, coordination, flexibility and self-confidence.
- Novice — Ages 6-11
- Level 1 — Ages 6-11
- Level 2 — Ages 6-11
- Level 2 Advanced — Ages 6-11
- Teen Gymnastics — Ages 12-17
- Tumbling — Ages 6-17
- Kids Y Night — Ages 3-12
Private lessons are available by appointment for all ages. Private lessons can provide extra time to work on specific skills or routines, especially before try-outs or skill evaluations.
General Information for Progressive Program
Progressive classes have a ratio of 1:8. Depending on registration, there may be fewer than 8.
Attire for Classes
- Girls: Leotards or comfortable shorts and T-shirt. Avoid clothes with zippers, snaps, and buttons. Hair must be pulled back. No jewelry or gum.
- Boys: Athletic shorts and T-shirt. Avoid clothes with zippers, snaps, and buttons. Students may wear socks or go barefoot. Hair must be pulled back. No jewelry or gum.
Schedule makeups by contacting your coach or Jessica Jimenez. Please be sure to show up only on the day you are registered for classes.
Progressing to the Next Level
To progress to the next level, a student must be able to perform all skills in their current level. Contact Jessica Jimenez for a list of skills required for each level. Your child's instructor will inform you and your child when it's time for an evaluation.
Evaluations are held during the last week of every session. Your child must be evaluated before moving to the next level.
- If your child is registered in the progressive program (ages 5+), and you are a YMCA member, you can use the facility during class, but you must be present to pick up your child after class.
- You may observe your child's class from the viewing area. Parents/guardians are not permitted in the gymnastics center to ensure safety of all.
If you have questions about the gymnastics program or classes at Palomar Family YMCA, call (760) 745-7490.