New For You At Jackie Robinson Family YMCA
Check here for news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
DAY CAMP: FALL BREAK
Registration is open!
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Fall 2023! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- Session 1: September 25–29, 2023
- Session 2: October 2–6, 2023
- Session 3: November 10, 2023
- Session 4: November 20–22, 2023
WE’RE CLOSING EARLY ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2023
Jackie Robinson Family YMCA will be closing early at 1:00pm for the Halloween Festival. Members are welcome to join us for our Halloween Festival, which will be held on October 31, 2023, from 5:00pm–8:00pm.
Updated for fall 2023
The pool is open on Saturdays and during the week at the following times:
- Lap Swim/Family Swim: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Lap Swim: 6:30am - 11:00am
- Lap Swim/Family Swim: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Closed: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Lap Swim/Family Swim: 4:00pm - 7:30pm
DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM
New: Starting in September
One in three US adults are living with pre-diabetes. We can help! Our Diabetes Prevention Program is a 12-month, small group program for anyone who is at risk of developing type 2 diabetes. This CDC approved program is focused on long term changes and lasting results.
All participants will receive a FREE family membership for the duration of the program. Learn more here.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
We're here to help you find what moves you at the Y!
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check our group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
- Cycling class now offered on Thursdays at 6pm.
New sessions for September 2023
Ready to take your training to the next level? Team Training is a group of 4-8, led by a trainer who develops a curriculum based on the participants in the group. Whether you are looking to lose weight, gain muscle, improve lifting technique or all the above, we have a program for you. Join a team today!
- Ages 7-12 | Wednesday, 5:00pm
- Ages 13-17 | Wednesday, 6:00pm
- Ages 18+ | Tuesday, 11:00am | Wednesday, 7:00pm
- Learn more about boxing at the YMCA.
MARTIAL ARTS - Kickboxing/Muay Thai
- Ages 7-12 | Thursday, 5:00pm
- Ages 13-17 | Thursday, 6:00pm
- Ages 18+ | Thursday, 11:00am & 7:00pm
BEST-EVER WORKOUT SERIES (Ages 14+)
- Lower Body | Monday, 9:00am & 6:00pm
- Core | Wednesday, 9:00am | Thursday, 6:00pm
- Full Body | Friday 9:30am
Questions: Contact Alex Herrada, [email protected]
OPEN PLAY IN THE GYMNASIUM
Check out the schedule
The gymnasium is available for open play basketball! Bring your own ball. Available to members ages 10+ (children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult). You can find the gymnasium schedule linked on our branch home page. branch home page.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Free to members
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
We are looking to add group fitness classes and team training options! Let us know what classes you want to attend at Jackie Robinson Family YMCA by writing to [email protected]. View all of the health and wellness options at Jackie Robinson Family YMCA on the community portal here.
WHAT MOVES YOU?
We are looking to add even more group fitness classes and Team Training options! Let us know what classes you want to attend at Jackie Robinson Family YMCA by writing to [email protected]. View all of the health and wellness options at Jackie Robinson Family YMCA on the community portal here.
FAMILY & KIDS
Family-time is special at the Y. Spending time together or discover new activities for your child to explore.
Come out and play! Fall sessions start in September.
Registration is open for the following sports options:
- Soccer leagues and clinics (ages 5-17) - Our YMCA youth soccer leagues are partnered with the San Diego Loyal SC. Players will receive YMCA & San Diego Loyal SC co-branded jerseys and instruction guided by the pros, all in the fun, encouraging environment of the YMCA. - Register today!
- Basketball leagues and clinics (ages 5-17) - Basketball: Competitive AAU Youth Basketball Team | Season: July 10- December 31 | All participants must register for tryouts. - Register today for free!
- Peewee multisport (ages 3-5) - Learn to love a new sport at the YMCA with multisport lessons. Fall lessons begin in September. - Register today!
- Peewee soccer lessons (ages 3-5) - Fall in love with the exciting game of soccer through peewee soccer lessons that begin in September. Register today
- YMCA Jr. Seals lacrosse clinics - We are excited to offer new YMCA Jr. Seals Lacrosse Clinics for FREE on Wednesdays at 5:30pm, starting September 6, thanks to our partnership with the San Diego Seals professional lacrosse team! Get an introduction to this exciting game. - Register
- YMCA Legion's Rookie Rugby Clinics (ages 7-12) - Seasonal rugby clinics at Jackie Robinson Family YMCA start October 4! Hosted by former USA Eagle and Try Time Youth Rugby President, Tai Tuisoma and the San Diego Legion Rugby professional team. Play is Wednesdays at 6:30pm. Register!
Fun for families
Join us Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:00pm for a family-friendly (ages 7+) class that combines unique Latin moves and rhythms to create an exciting dynamic workout that is great for those new and experienced at exercise!
New classes in September
- Jazz - Intro Mondays, InterGen
- Ballet and Tap - Intro Tuesdays, InterGen
Juniors (Ages 6-12)
- Hip-Hop - Beginner Mondays, InterGen
- Hip-Hop - Beginner Tuesdays, InterGen
- Hip-Hop - Beginner Fridays, Studio 1
TEEN & FAMILY DROP-IN CENTER
Stop by and hang out!
The Teen & Family Drop-In Center at Jackie Robinson Family YMCA provides a special place for families to get connected to resources and to connect with each other. Located next to the Welcome Center, you'll find snacks, computers to use, activities like dance, chess, job prep workshops and more.
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 3:30pm - 7:00pm.
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
Chair-based fitness class
Join us for this chair-based fitness class using seated and standing exercises, now offered Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:15am-10:00am.
Open play M-F!
Pickleball is in full swing in the gymnasium. View our pickleball section for more information.
Try this class!
Join us for chair-based yoga classes every Friday from 9:15am-10:15am.
We are looking to start a Bridge Club on Wednesdays at 12:00pm. If anyone is interested, please email Jasmine Monterroso at [email protected].
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
More to explore
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Women's Wellness Weekend
September 22-24, 2023
Join us at Camp Martson for a relaxing weekend filled with camp activities, delicious meals and classes focused on mind and body wellness. Fee: $199 member | $225 nonmember. Register today!
Y in the COMMUNITY
MOBILE HEALTH FAIR
10:00am to 3:00pm, October 4
Come to our one-stop-shop community health and resource fair, held the first Wednesday of every month.
- Free youth sports physicals
- COVID-19 vaccinations
- Blood pressure checks
- Diabetes/cholesterol screenings
- Breast exams and mammogram signups
- Food distribution
Note: This popular event impacts our parking from 6:00 to 11:00am.
Connecting You To Care
10am to 3pm, October 4
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
EMPOWERMENT & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT GROUPS
Second and Fourth Tuesdays
Looking for a way to stay motivated and make some positive changes in your life? We offer support groups specifically designed to help empower youth in their personal development. If you or someone you know is interested, download the flyer.
Help Paying for Child Care
Find subsidized assistance.
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care? The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help families pay for child care. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – up to 50% of their annual household budget. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.