What's New This Month At John A. Davis Family YMCA
FALL BREAK DAY CAMP SIGN-UPS
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Fall 2023! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- Session 1: October 6, 2023
- Session 2: November 20–22, 2023
- Session 3: December 18–22, 2023
- Session 4: December 26–29, 2023
Facility News and Updates
Check here news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at John A. Davis Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIAL
Thinking about personal training? Our certified personal trainers have got you covered! From October 1–31 you can get 5 sessions for $249 or 10 for $479! Check out our personal training program here. Please note that personal training is available to members only. One must log in, choose their branch and then navigate to the Punch Pass section for personal training packages.
We're happy to announce that we're welcoming youth ages 7 and older at our fitness centers and in some group fitness classes (see class schedules for availability). Note: Youth ages 7 to 12 must complete a family fitness orientation.
- New teen fitness classes! Join us for our fitness classes catered to teens ages 11-17 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:15am!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
- Everyone is invited to join our bridge club on Wednesdays from 12:00pm - 2:00pm.
FREE BALANCE ASSESSMENTS
Sign up at the Welcome Center for a 5-minute balance assessment with the Family Health Centers. A physical therapist will be on hand to explain your results and share recommendations for exercise or referrals to specialized care. Balance is important to your well-being! Here's why:
- Balance is key to maintaining or improving your independence with activities, allowing you to rely less on others to complete your daily tasks.
- Balance improves your ability to move with confidence.
- Improving balance can decrease your risk of falling and injury.
- Good balance brings confidence to exercise more, which can decrease your overall stress and improve your overall mood!
FITNESS CLASSES TO TRY
Thanks to our versatile, excellent instructors, most moves in our group fitness classes can be modified to suit any fitness level. If you're new to our group fitness classes, start here:
- Forever Fit
- Gentle Yoga
- Exercise Lite
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Activities For Kids And Families
Sign up for group or private swim lessons! Registration opens on the 15th of the month for members and on the 17th of the month for nonmembers. - Register today.
Fall season is starting soon! Get in the Game and play at nearby McGrath Family YMCA!
- Peewee lessons: New monthly peewee lessons are happening! Sign up today!
- Leagues: Youth soccer and basketball leagues are now running at McGrath Family YMCA. Fall season starts soon! Regiistration remains open until teams are full. - Register now for a league or lesson!
- Join and soccer league and join in on the benefit of our great partnership with San Diego Loyal SC.
- Youth clinics: Basketball and soccer clinics for ages 6-12.
- Volunteer: We still need parent volunteers for youth soccer coaching! If you can help or have any questions, contact Tyler Rutter at [email protected]
FALL FESTIVITIES AROUND THE Y
YMCAs all throughout San Diego County are hosting fun, fall-themed events for all ages, including games, pumpkin plunges and decorating, trick-or-treating and more! Dress in costume and bring your friends!View all events!
Did you know you could help save up to three lives by giving blood? The YMCA of San Diego County has partnered with the American Red Cross to host blood drives across the county this year. Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! View locations and dates.
Y in the Community
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.