New For You At McGrath Family YMCA
FALL/WINTER BREAK DAY CAMP
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Fall/Winter 2023! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- November 20–22, 2023
- December 18–22, 2023
- December 26–29, 2023
- January 2–5, 2024
Facility News and Updates
Check here for news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
Family members can opt to add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $10 monthly. Use your Child Watch benefit at any YMCA that offers the service. While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Child Watch is open to children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old! View our hours here.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at McGrath Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
Events and Special Activities
HALLOWEEN FAMILY CAMP WEEKEND AT CAMP MARSTON
Join us for a weekend full of spook-tacular activites from October 27–29, 2023, at YMCA's Camp Marston in Julian, CA! Learn more on our family camps page.
- Pumpkin Carving
- Monster Mash Dance
- Costume Contest
- Trick or Treat from Lodge to Lodge
Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month with McGrath Family YMCA!
Celebrate group exercise and try one of our classes wearing pink attire in support of Breast Cancer Awareness from October 16–22.
2023 Tenth Annual Sprint Triathlon
Join us for a 1/2-mile lap pool swim, a 12-mile stationary bike ride and a flat 5K outdoor run course, at the Ninth Annual Sprint Triathlon at the McGrath Family YMCA! Celebrate your success with a continental breakfast! We are proud to be hosting this event in honor of Joe Via, a YMCA of SD community member and frequent TRI participant. For more information, contact Karen Williams, [email protected].
- When: Sunday, October 22, 2023 | McGrath Family YMCA
- Individual Athlete: $35/member | $43/participant
- 3-Person Relay: $25/member | $31/participant
- Special Teen Rate (Ages 12-18): $10 team member/individual
FAMILY HALOWEEN PARTY
Come and join us in your favorite costume for a ghloulish gathering at the McGrath Family YMCA! We'll have Halloween-themed activities, games, crafts and treats! Register at the welcome center or contact Malachi Stokes, [email protected] | 619-462-9622 ext. 2119.
- WHEN: Saturday, October 21 | 11:00 am- 12:30 pm
- WHERE: McGrath YMCA Teen Center
- FEE: $5/member | $8/non-member
HALLOWEEN PARENTS NIGHT OUT!
Drop your kids off at the Y while enjoying a night out. We'll provide dinner and beverages. We will have playground time, Halloween crafts and time to watch a movie! Children are encouraged to wear a costume. Children must be potty-trained to attend.
- WHEN: Friday, October 20 | 5:00pm- 8:00pm
- FEE: $30/member | $40/non-member
- REGISTER TODAY!
For questions or more information, contact Malachi Stokes, [email protected] | 619-462-9622 ext. 2119
Did you know you could help save up to three lives by giving blood? The YMCA of San Diego County has partnered with the American Red Cross to host blood drives across the county this year. Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! View locations and dates.
Health and Wellness
PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIAL
Thinking about personal training? Our certified personal trainers have got you covered! From October 1–31 you can get 5 sessions for $249 or 10 for $479! Check out our personal training program here. Please note that personal training is available to members only. One must log in, choose their branch and then navigate to the Punch Pass section for personal training packages.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA engages cancer survivors through an approach that focuses on the whole person - mind and body. Participants work with trained Y staff to improve cardiovascular endurance and functional ability, build muscle mass and strength, and increase flexibility. In addition to physical benefits, the program also focuses on the mental and emotional well-being of survivors and their families. This creates a supportive community environment where people affected by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond. Get more information online Learn more about the program.
Group Fitness Classes
Be sure to check the group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to our fitness classes!
Team training offers the camaraderie of a group — you'll sweat together, laugh together, and reach milestones together — all while getting expert instruction. View all team training classes.
- TRX Team Training: TRX suspension training uses bodyweight exercises to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability.
InBody body-composition assessments are available by appointment. Now you can leave the guessing behind and know exactly what is inside your body!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
FITNESS CLASSES TO TRY
Thanks to our versatile, excellent instructors, most moves in our group fitness classes can be modified to suit any fitness level. If you're new to our group fitness classes, start here:
- Exercise Lite
- Walking Club
- Gentle Yoga
- Hydro Healing
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Activities for Kids and Families
Get in the game at the Y! Our youth sports leagues and clinics are starting soon.
- Leagues: Play soccer and experience our partnership with the San Diego Loyal SC! Leagues begin September 9. - Register for soccer today!
- Clinics: Youth sports clinics for soccer and basketball start in September and continue through December.
- Peewee lessons: New monthly peewee lessons are happening! Sign up today at the membership services desk or register today online.
- Volunteer! We still need parent volunteers for youth sports coaching! The Y and the SD Loyal SC will provide training and guidance to our soccer league volunteer coaches. If you can help, contact Tyler Rutter at [email protected].
SWIM WITH US!
- Swim team: Our youth swim team is back in the water! Schedule a tryout or learn more about Y swim teams.
- Swim lessons: Sign up now for group or private swim lessons this fall at all East County YMCAs! Learn more about swim lessons at the Y.
Discover an engaging way to spend more time with your toddler that stimulates their mind and keeps you entertained! Each week on Wednesday from 12:15am - 1:00pm, parents and children will enjoy 45 minutes of playful activities that involve a story time and easy to-do art projects, all while learning the concepts of structure and following directions. Reserve your spot today!
- FEE: $35 members | $50 participants
- SESSIONS: Wednesdays | October 4 – October 25
Jump into fun with gymnastics! Toddlers and teens can grow strong, get confident, and find balance in a safe, fun, encouraging environment. Learn more.
- NEW: We are now enrolling for all levels: girls gymnastics, boys gymnastics, preschool gymnastics, and little ninjas! Learn more.
Y in the Community
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the childcare search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt-in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.