New For YouAt Copley-Price Family YMCA
Facility News & Updates • Events & Special Activities • Health & Wellness • Family & Kids • Y Active Adults (55+) • Community Support Services
SUMMER DAY CAMP SIGN-UPS
It's time to lock in a summer of fun at the Y! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
THANK YOU! WE DID IT
Thank YOU For Helping Us Ensure Access for All
Thanks to your generous donation to our annual fundraising campaign, the Copley-Price Family YMCA will be able to provide programming and scholarships to kids and families regardless of their ability to pay. Your generous donation helps us fulfill our mission to serve all people and make a difference in the lives of more than 16,900 local community members. This need could not have been met without you! Together, we are opening doors and changing lives. Thank you!
TOGETHER WE HIT OUR GOAL: $737,870
Facility News and Updates
Check here news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
Please note that all San Diego YMCA branches will be closed on Sunday, April 9, 2023.
NEW MY Y COMMUNITY PORTAL
Set up your new My Y account! In November 2022, we launched a new platform for program registrations and YMCA accounts. Learn more and find out how to get connected here.
NEW YMCA APP
The new YMCA app makes it easy to stay connected to the Y. Use it to scan in at the Y, check schedules for group fitness classes, pools and facilities, add activities to your calendar and more. Learn more.
OUTDOOR POOL UPDATE
Three lanes of the outdoor pool will be used for swim lessons from 8:30am- 3:25pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from March to May. Three outdoor pool lanes and the indoor pool will remain available for lap swim.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Copley-Price Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
CHILD WATCH MEMBERSHIP OPTION
While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Family members can add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $10 monthly. Child Watch is open to children 6 weeks to 9 years old, and families can use the service at other YMCA locations.
- NEW HOURS!
- Mornings: Tuesdays- Thursdays, 8:15am - 11:15am
- Evenings: Mondays - Thursdays, 4:00pm - 7:30pm.
Events and Special Activities
Champs for Camp
Join us on Saturday, June 3 at 6:00pm for the third Annual “Champs for Camp” Every Summer Has a Story Event at the Copley-Price Family YMCA. All proceeds support youth and camp programming to local children in need. Learn more and purchase tickets today!
SPRING EGG HUNT
Join us on Saturday, April 8 at 12:00pm and celebrate the spring season at our annual Spring Egg Hunt. Bring a Basket to collect eggs! Space is limited! Sign up soon. This event is free for members and $2 for participants. Registration required at the Welcome Center for all children ages 12 and under.
MOVIES AND POPCORN
Join us for movies and popcorn on the first and third Wednesday of every month at 1:00pm in the Intergenerational room! This is a free event for all ages and no registration is required. We hope to see you there!
FREE FOOD PANTRY
Every Third Tuesday | 3:00-5:00pm: Copley-Price Family YMCA has partnered with Feeding San Diego to distribute free groceries and produce.
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20
For more information, please contact Kat Salazar at [email protected].
FIND NEW OPPORTUNITIES. FIND YOUR Y.
A summer job at the Y gives you opportunities to explore future career pathways with an organization that’s invested in helping you reach your potential – all while making a positive impact in your community! Apply today at ymcasd.org/careers.
WE'RE HIRING NOW FOR DAY CAMP!
INVESTING IN YOU
- PAID training & professional development
- FREE YMCA membership across San Diego County
- Opportunities for year-round employment
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Camp Program Leader
- Inclusion Leader
- Unit Leader
LEARN MORE AT OUR JOB FAIRS
- April 8 from 10am—2pm at Mission Valley YMCA
- April 22 from 10am—2pm at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
- May 7 from 10am—2pm at Copley-Price Family YMCA
Guaranteed on-site interviews with a potential signing bonus of $150 if offer letter is signed by May 1 for selected camp positions.
One blood donation saves up to three lives! The San Diego Blood Bank will be hosting a blood drive at the Copley-Price Family YMCA from 10:00am - 3:30pm. Walk-ins are welcome. Photo ID is required. Schedule your appointment today online at sandiegobloodbank.org/donate or call 619-400-8251.
- Monday, May 8
- Saturday, July 1
- Saturday, August 12
- Saturday, September 30
- Saturday, October 28
Our partner, Champions for Health, will be providing immunization clinics for flu, COVID-19 and HPV (supplies are limited for HPV). All clinics are free and open to the community. No registration is required. Walk-ups are encouraged.
Clinics will take place at the Copley-Price Family YMCA next to the soccer field. (4300 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92105). Please contact Kat Salazar, [email protected], for more details. Immunization schedule has been confirmed for 2023.
All clinics take place 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 29
- Monday, May 8
- Saturday, July 1
- Saturday, August 12
- Saturday, September 30
- Saturday, October 28
- Thursday, December 28
Health and Wellness
PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIAL
Thinking about personal training? Our certified personal trainers have got you covered! From April 1-30 you can get 5 sessions for $249 or 10 for $479! Check out our personal training program here. Please note that personal training is available to members only. One must log in, choose their branch and then navigate to the Punch Pass section for personal training packages.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check the group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
HYDROMASSAGE AND CRYOLOUNGE TRIAL
Y members | Ages 18 and up
Register today at the front desk to schedule your rejuvenating massage trial with HydroMassage and CryoLounge! Enjoy the stress relief and total relaxation of the HydroMassage and Cryolounge experience, now available at Copley-Price Family YMCA. Discover how regular massage is perfect for you and your lifestyle with FREE three- to four-minute trials of each, now available April-June. If you enjoy them, incorporate them into your membership with the membership add-on options of $10 a month for the use of one experience for 10 minutes a day. Or, add $15 a month to your membership for both experiences for a total of 25 minutes of relaxation every day!
Treat yourself to rejuvenation with HydroMassage and CryoLounge. Call us or visit the Welcome Center for more information and to sign up.
Boxing classes continue at Copley-Price Family YMCA. We are now offering classes on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays in 4-or-5-week sessions.For more information, contact Edson Cedeno at [email protected]. Sign up now to join in on this incredible, full-body workout!
Get in the game! Play adult soccer at Copley-Price YMCA! Registered players will play on the new turf field connected to our branch. We have women's leagues and coed leagues starting in April. Sign up today!
TRANSFORM YOUR MIND & BODY
Achieve your fitness goals with the accountability and encouragement of a team and trainer! Join one of our upcoming 12- week transformation challenges.
- January 23 - April 12: Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:30pm - 6:25pm with Edson
- February 6 - April 26: Mondays & Wednesdays, 9:00am - 10:55am with Jackie & Michael
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
New Performance Platform
We're here to help you reach your goals, which means we want you to have access to the best equipment. You asked, and we listened. Check out our new performance platform in the fitness center! Come on in and try it out! Ask a wellness coach for tips on effective exercises.
Activities for Kids and Families
SCHOOL BREAK CAMPS
When school is out, fun is in at the Y! Register for camp today.
TEEN FRIDAY FUN
Every Third Friday | 4:00 - 6:00pm: Teens who are enrolled in our teen programs are invited to join us for fun Friday activities — stay tuned for our February activity! Space is limited. For questions or to RSVP, please contact Lina Bell at [email protected] .
- Come out and play! Spring season youth leagues start April 15. Register today!
View all youth sports.
- We need parent volunteers for youth soccer coaching! If you can help, contact Sports Director, Luis Hernandez, [email protected].
- New YMCA Jr. Seals lacrosse clinics: We are excited to offer new YMCA Jr. Seals Lacrosse Clinics for FREE thanks to our partnership with the San Diego Seals professional lacrosse team! Get an introduction to the exciting game and register to play today!
Sign up for group or private swim lessons in April! Register today.
Our swim team is practicing regularly! If your child would like to get involved, swimmers should be proficient in 50 -100 yards freestyle with rotary breathing and 25 yards of backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. Learn more about swim teams at the Y.
Hone your stroke technique, get ready for a triathlon or just get a great workout. The YMCA's Masters swim program is a structured lap swim workout designed to help avid recreational and competitive swimmers of various skill levels improve their stroke, form, ability, endurance and stamina. Interested? Contact Aquatics Director Louis LaRose at [email protected]
Jump into fun with gymnastics! Toddlers and teens can grow strong, get confident and find balance in a safe, fun and encouraging environment. Learn more.
NEW: We are now enrolling for a Teen Parkour class held on Wednesday at 7:00pm! Register today.
We are now enrolling for:
- Beginning Tap Dance (Ages 8-12) — Tuesdays at 5:30pm
- Beginning Ballet (Ages 8-12) — Thursdays at 5:30pm
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
MONTHLY YAA CLUBS
- Guided Meditation: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday | 9:00 – 9:30am — Learn how to quiet your mind and how to stay present with life in during our guided meditation. Please bring your own mat or cushion. Meet in the Intergenerational Room.
- Game Day: Every second Monday | 10:00 – 11:30am — Join us to play board games, challenge your brain with puzzles, spend time with friends and meet new people. We’ll meet in the Intergenerational Room.
- Movie Club: Every first and third Wednesday | 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Book Club | Every third Wednesday | 1:00 - 2:30pm
- Coffee, Tea & Chat | Monday - Friday | 9:30am - 12:30pm — Hang out with friends at the Y in the Intergenerational Room
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
- Gains by Guillermo: Friday, March 24 | 10:00 – 11:00am — Learn the basics of nutrition to build resilient and healthy bodies in this free nutrition class. Please RSVP in our Welcome Center or online here. For questions about this class, please contact Celina Ibarra [email protected] .
- iPhone Skills Class: Monday, March 27 and Wednesday, March 29 | 10:00 – 11:00am — Learn the latest tricks for your iPhone from an expert! Our instructor will cover a variety of topics related to the iPhone during this two-session class. Registration is required. Seating is limited — save your spot today !
- April Movie Club | April 5, 19 | 11:00am – 1:00pm —
- Wednesday, April 5: We’re watching “Exit Through the Gift Shop”.
- Wednesday, April 19: We’re watching “Planet Earth”.
- Teens Teaching Tech to Seniors | Thursday, April 13 | 4:00 – 5:00pm — Are you curious to learn more about the potential of either your phone or your computer Come to this one-on-one and learn from the experts in technology! Teens have mastered these devices and will teach you the same skills!
- April Book Club | Wednesday, April 19 | 1:00 - 2:30pm — Join us to discuss our book of the month — “Maisie Dobbs” by Jacqueline Winspear.
- Walk Liberty Station | Thursday, April 20 | 10:30am – 12:30pm — Spend the morning walking around the Arts District at Liberty Station with friends. After our walk, we’ll stop for lunch at Liberty Public Market. Please meet on the corner of Sims Road and Decatur Road.
Questions? Please contact Ann Conway at [email protected] .
FITNESS CLASSES TO TRY
Thanks to our versatile, excellent instructors, most moves in our group fitness classes can be modified to suit any fitness level. If you're new to our group fitness classes and looking for a good place to start, we recommend Aqua Fit, Forever Fit, Chair Yoga and Zumba Gold classes
Free Balance Assessments
Sign up at the Welcome Center for a 5-minute balance assessment with the Family Health Centers. A physical therapist will be on hand to explain your results and share recommendations for exercise or referrals to specialized care. Balance is important to your well-being! Here's why:
- Balance is key to maintaining or improving your independence with activities, allowing you to rely less on others to complete your daily tasks.
- Balance improves your ability to move with confidence.
- Improving balance can decrease your risk of falling and injury.
- Good balance brings confidence to exercise more, which can decrease your overall stress and improve your overall mood!
Community Support Services
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
We are committed to supporting families in their search for quality, affordable and convenient childcare options. Funded by the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, YMCA Childcare Resource Service offers free childcare referrals and resources to families in San Diego County so parents and guardians can make informed decisions that help their families thrive. Learn more!
Get a head start on your taxes this year! For qualifying San Diegans, filing this year is easier than ever and could put money back in your pocket. We’re hosting free in-person tax filing appointments with multilingual volunteer income tax assistance professionals at three of our branch locations throughout the county:
Call 2-1-1 to check your eligibility, find a nearby location, and book an appointment to file your taxes. For more information, visit ymcasd.org/caleitc.
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - YOUTH SOCCER
Support from the sidelines! Come out and help our young players have a great season at the Y. We need team volunteers for the upcoming youth soccer league. Contact our Sports Director, Luis Hernandez at [email protected], call 619-280-9622 or visit the branch.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED — YAA
Our YAA program is in search of dedicated volunteers to guide groups and instruct courses! Please contact Ann Conway at [email protected] for more information.
BECOME A Y BOARD MEMBER
Copley-Price Family YMCA is looking for new, passionate Board of Advisor members interested in sharing their time, talent and treasure to support our Y mission and work to strengthen our community. For more information, contact Julian Villegas at [email protected].
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Find us on social media: Copley-Price Family YMCA on Facebook and Copley-Price Family YMCA on Instagram.
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.
If you have any questions or concerns, our membership team is here to help! Call us at (619) 280-9622 during regular business hours or send an email: [email protected] and we'll get back to you soon!