New For You At Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
Help Us Ensure Access for All
As a leading nonprofit, our Y is making a difference in the lives of 48,819 community members annually through our programs and services. Thanks to generous donations to our annual fundraising campaign, we are opening doors and changing lives. When you invest in the Y, your dollars will directly benefit kids and families in under-served communities and provide scholarships to fulfill our mission to serve all people regardless of their ability to pay. The need is urgent and growing…and it can’t be met without you! Please give to Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA. The more we raise, the more people we can help.
OUR GOAL: $618,000
Facility News and Updates
Check here news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
February 13 - March 5: Get your 2023 off to the best start by committing to building one new healthy habit! We invite you to join us in the RESET Challenge, 21-day wellness challenge designed to help you restart, refocus and repurpose to build successful, healthy habits! Sign up today.
NEW YMCA APP
The new YMCA app makes it easy to stay connected to the Y. Use it to scan in at the Y, check schedules for group fitness classes, pools and facilities, add activities to your calendar and more. Learn more.
EGYM is at the Magdalena Ecke Family Y, starting January 7! EGYM smart circuit machines take the guesswork out of exercise through a workout process that adjusts to your personalized settings for the ultimate fitness experience. Schedule your onboarding appointment and find your EGYM BioAge through a range of assessments including InBody composition, strength and cardio. Your unique EGYM BioAge baseline will help you develop a tailored, progressive training plan targeted to achieve your customized fitness goals over 24 session segments. Learn more about EGYM at the Y.
Sign up for your EGYM onboarding session at the Welcome Center today!
- Currently a Y member? Sign up for EGYM now and save $49 when you schedule your onboarding session before January 16!
COMING SOON: GYMNASTICS HAS A NEW HOME
After 25 years in our existing location, we’re moving our gymnastics program to a new location, effective March 2023! Our new gymnastics home will be located at 2261 Cosmos Court in Carlsbad — just three miles east of our existing site.
This state-of-the-art training facility will provide a much-needed upgrade and allow us to serve our gymnastics community even better by providing a revitalized space for our growing community. We will be able to offer more classes and activities than ever before!
- Contact Associate Executive Director Shannon Hughes at [email protected] for questions regarding the upcoming move.
- Contact Gymnastics Director Laura Madamba at [email protected] for questions regarding the upcoming February gymnastics session
Expanded WEEKEND Hours
We expanded our weekend hours of operation in January:
- Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Sunday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
BECOME A LIFEGUARD AT THE Y
Lifeguard Academy is now FREE for all applicants who pass tryouts. Get certified to save lives and start getting paid within two weeks! Learn more.
Family members can add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $20 monthly. Use your Child Watch benefit at any YMCA that offers the service. While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Child Watch is open to children 6 months to 9 years old!
Health and Wellness
Want to know what you're made of? Get an InBody assessment. InBody body-composition assessments not only examine body composition, but also reveal percentage of body fat, muscle distribution and body-water balance. Available by appointment only, register online and contact Carrie Myers at [email protected] to schedule.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check for updates on our group fitness class schedule.
- Check the schedule for new and expanded classes!
- Morning yoga on Wednesdays will be an 80 minute class from 8:00-9:20am
- Body Pump class on Sunday morning starts at 8:15am
- Exercise Light is now offered Wednesday and Friday at 12:15pm
- Floating fitness! Float your way to a fitter you on Tuesdays, 7:45-8:35am. Space is limited so be sure to sign up quickly at the courtesy counter!
Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
NEW TO FITNESS CLASSES?
Sign up for an orientation, or just choose any class on the schedule that sounds interesting! Tip: Arrive to class 5-10 minutes early. Introduce yourself, and let the instructor know that you're new or it's your first time trying this particular class. Our instructors will always provide modifications and tips to suit your level, and they want to make sure you have a safe, fun and effective workout. View our fitness classes here.
Massage comes to the Magdalena Ecke Family Y! Book your 45-minute massage for only $65. Massage is available on Saturdays, 10:00am – 6:00pm. Contact Carrie Myers to book your appointment at [email protected].
Our drop-in adult ballet classes are a great way for dancers 18 and over to learn traditional ballet techniques in an enjoyable and welcoming environment. Dancers of all levels are invited to participate! Flow, balance, stamina, artistry and movement are explored in these 1-1/2-hour sessions offered at 12:00pm on Mondays and Wednesdays and 9:00am on Fridays.
Enjoy the fresh air while you achieve your fitness goals! We have cycling classes and a full line of strength equipment in our courtyard.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Pilates can be a game changer. In this safe and effective low-impact workout you will stretch and strengthen your way to a stronger core and better posture. Contact Carolyn Mack [email protected].
Looking for a new fitness challenge or just want to improve your stroke? The Masters swim team at the Ecke Y practices are held in our 11-lane, Anne and Edward Woolley Competition pool. Spots are limited to 44 swimmers each month. Those currently enrolled will receive priority registration to register for the next month. Learn more about Masters swim, or contact the aquatics team at [email protected].
FEBRUARY SWIM LESSONS
Sign up for group or private swim lessons in February! Register today.
Get back in the game at the Y this winter! Sign up and join one of our adult sports leagues. View all adult leagues here.
Pickleball is available for open play sessions on indoor courts. View our pickleball page for more information.
Y’s Active Adults (50+)
Our fun and engaging origami workshops with Walter are held from 10:00am to 12:00pm, Wednesdays.
RARE BEARS SEWING CLUB
The Rare Bears Sewing Club sews and finishes stuffed bears for children with rare diseases. Meets every fourth Tuesday from 10:00am to 12:00pm. No experience necessary! For information, contact Brian Wagner, [email protected].
Our Ecke Y Walking Club meets twice weekly: 8:00am, Tuesdays and 8:15am, Saturdays. Members can sign in at the lobby before gathering outside in front of the Y. The route varies each week, and we have a light and non-light group!
Activities for Kids and Families
Y Club is a way to ensure your child is in a safe, fun, and caring environment before and/or after school. Each day includes new curriculum or activity to help participants learn, build life skills, and develop healthy relationships — including healthy snacks, sports and games, art and music, tutoring and more! Learn more.
SCHOOL BREAK CAMPS
When school is out, fun is in at the Y! Register for camp today.
Adventure Clubs offer a unique experience for parents and their children to enjoy a mix of group activities and outdoor adventures while creating close and enduring relationships. Learn more.
New fall dance sessions begin! Register now for dance classes.
Our Little Feet program has an amazing lineup of classes for our smallest dancers ages 1 to 3 years old.
- Parent/Tot Ballet/Tap Classes: Parent/toddler dance class introducing the fundamentals of ballet and tap.
- Tiny Dancers and Transitional Twos: Dancers explore their independence, learning the fundamentals of ballet and tap dance without parents in the room.
- Unicorn & Fairy Ballet: Learn to dance in a magical environment! Channel your inner fairy for one half of the class and then learn ballet basics as a unicorn.
- Jazz: Each class will introduce and build on a strong technical base and full body isolations for warm-up, followed by more contemporary floor work and combinations.
- Hip Hop Heroes & Heroines: A developmentally appropriate hip hop class with all the pop, boom, bang of a Marvel comic book.
Youth sports leagues and clinics are starting up again for Winter sports leagues and clinics.
- Get in the game! Play youth and peewee sports at the Y! View all youth sports and peewee leagues and lessons.
- Register for soccer and enjoy the benefit of our great partnership with San Diego Loyal SC. Special soccer jerseys will be provided to those who sign up!
- Volunteer! We need parent volunteers for youth soccer coaching! If you can help, contact our Sports Department at [email protected].
- NEW YMCA Jr. Seals Lacrosse Clinics: We are now offering lacrosse clinics at the Y! Our Y coaches have been trained by professionals from the San Diego Seals professional lacrosse team and are ready to teach the fun and fundamentals of this exciting game! Registration is open for clinics that begin January 4.
Jump into fun with gymnastics! Toddlers and teens can grow strong, get confident and find balance in a safe, fun, and encouraging environment. Learn more.
We are now enrolling for preschool open gym! Learn more.
- Swim team: Our swim team is back in the water! For more information or to schedule a tryout, contact our aquatics department at [email protected]. Or visit our swim team pages to learn more about practices and registration.
- Swim lessons: Swim lessons can save lives and enrich them! And we have a spot open for you! Consider adding another lesson or sign up for more days when the next session begins! Learn more and sign up for swim lessons here.
Sign up for swim lessons! Registration for new months starts on the 15 of the month for members and 17 for non-members. Now is the perfect time to get lessons in when classes are smaller! Our pool is heated and covered.
The world-famous Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Skate Park is one of the biggest and most diverse in San Diego County. Our open skate sessions are a great way to enjoy the park daily! Great for ages 6 and up. Check out session times and prices. And the skatepark is now hosting birthday parties! For more information on anything skatepark, contact Mike Wilson at [email protected].
Now offering private and semi-private martial arts lessons to better help your kids build confidence, discipline and strength! Register now for our martial arts classes and learn a blend of tae kwon do, karate, judo and jiujitsu. For more information, contact Sascha Fischer at [email protected].
Celebrate your special day at the YMCA! Our birthday options range from gymnastics, martial arts, pool, skatepark and more! The YMCA will provide an instructor, party area, cake, gift bags, party t-shirt and tons of fun! Space is limited so be sure to reserve early!
Learn about preschool at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA.
Preschool openings at the Ecke YMCA Preschool! Preschool is open from 7:30am-5:30pm.
Events and Special Activities
Did you know you could help save up to three lives by giving blood? The YMCA of San Diego County has partnered with the American Red Cross to host blood drives across the county this year.
Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! View dates.
Community Support Services
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
KEEP IN TOUCH
Check our catalog for a roundup of all activities and
programming available at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA.
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.