New For You At Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
Check here for news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
DAY CAMP: WINTER BREAK
Registration is open!
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Winter 2023/2024! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- December 26–29, 2023
- January 2–5, 2024
- January 15, 2024
- February 19–20, 2024
UPCOMING HOLIDAY CLOSURES
Please note that we will have modified hours throughout the upcoming holiday season. Our upcoming closures and modified branch hours are located below. We wish everyone a happy holiday!
- Sunday, December 24: Closed
- Monday, December 25: Closed
- Monday, January 1: 7:00am–2:00pm
Additional Program Closures and Hours:
- Pool Hours: 7:30am–1:30pm
HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES AROUND THE Y
Celebrate the holidays this month with your family and friends at the Y! YMCAs all throughout San Diego County are hosting holiday events and special programming to help you enjoy the holiday season. View all events.
Let technology take the guesswork out of working out! Just scan your band and go with EGYM at the Magdalena Ecke Family Y! EGYM leads you through a workout process where smart circuit machines adjusts to your personalized settings for the ultimate fitness experience. Schedule your onboarding appointment and find your EGYM BioAge through a range of assessments including InBody composition, strength and cardio. Your unique EGYM BioAge baseline will help you develop a tailored, progressive training plan targeted to achieve your customized fitness goals over 24 session segments. Learn more about EGYM at the Y. Sign up for your EGYM onboarding session at the Welcome Center today!
Y Community Plus members have unlimited access to Child Watch services at 12 YMCA branch locations across San Diego County. With easy reservations through the YMCA app, you can focus on your fitness or unwind at the Y while your children play under the supervision of highly trained YMCA staff. Not yet a Y Community Plus member? Y members can upgrade to the Y Community Plus membership plan by stopping by any location. If you currently have Child Watch services as an add-on to your family membership, you may continue to use Child Watch services on a drop-in basis. Learn more here.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
We're here to help you find what moves you at the Y!
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check our group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
- Please note that no paid programming/group exercise will be offered on Friday, November 24, 2023.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA engages cancer survivors through an approach that focuses on the whole person — mind and body. Through this program participants work with trained Y staff to improve cardiovascular endurance and functional ability, build muscle mass and strength, and increase flexibility. In addition to physical benefits, the program also focuses on the mental and emotional well-being of survivors and their families. This creates a supportive community environment where people affected by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond. Get more information online here.
For any questions, please contact Carrie Myers at [email protected].
Book your 45-minute massage for only $65. Massage is available on Saturdays, 10:00am – 6:00pm. Contact Carrie Myers to book your appointment at [email protected].
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Looking for a new fitness challenge or just want to improve your stroke? The Masters swim team at the Ecke Y practices are held in our 11-lane, Anne and Edward Woolley Competition pool. Spots are limited to 44 swimmers each month. Those currently enrolled will receive priority registration to register for the next month. Learn more about Masters swim, or contact the aquatics team at [email protected].
Working with a personal trainer can help you reach your goals and maximize your fitness potential! Improve your training with our class packages. Learn more about personal training here.
Get back in the game at the Y! Join a team, be a substitute player and get back on the field with the game you love! Learn more about sports at the Y here.
Checkmate! Harness your finesse in Chess Club at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA. All ages are invited to join us in the lobby, 3:00 - 4:30pm, Wednesdays. No registration required. For more information, please contact Brian Wagner at [email protected].
Pickleball is available for open play sessions on indoor courts. View our pickleball page for more information.
Pilates can be a game changer. In this safe and effective low-impact workout you will stretch and strengthen your way to a stronger core and better posture. Contact Carolyn Mack [email protected].
FAMILY & KIDS
Family-time is special at the Y. Spending time together or discover new activities for your child to explore.
Get in the game at the Y this fall! Registration is open now for all lessons, clinics and leagues for ages 3 to 14. Sign up now for:
- Play in a league! Fall season continues through November 18. Leagues are a great way to get in the game and make new friendships on and off the field. Registration remains open until teams are full. - Register today!
- Coed youth soccer league with our partners at SD Loyal SC (ages 6-14).
- Coed youth basketball league (ages 6-12).
- Peewee soccer leagues (ages 3-5) Teams available for boys and girls.
- Peewee T-ball leagues (ages 4-5) Teams available for boys and girls! Batter, batter, swing!
- Youth clinics (ages 6-15) run through November! Clinics take place monthly to help you take your skills on the field to the next level. - Register today!
- Soccer clinics (coed | ages 6-12) take place monthly to help you take your skills on the field to the next level. Clinics take place on Tuesdays/Thursdays, 3:30pm (ages 6-8) and Tuesdays/Thursdays, 4:40pm (ages 9-12).
- Basketball clinics (coed | ages 6-12) take place monthly to help you take your skills to the next level! Clinics take place monthly on Mondays/Wednesdays, 3:30pm and 4:40pm (ages 9-12).
- Volleyball clinics take place monthly on Tuesdays at 3:45pm (boys and girls | ages 8-11) and Thursdays, 3:45pm (boys and girls | ages 12-15) to help improve your technical skill development.
- Peewee lessons: Peewee lessons put the fun in fundamentals for our youngest athletes ages 3-5. - Register today!
- Peewee track and field lessons (ages 4-5). Fall sessions continue montly.
- Peewee skateboard lessons (ages 3-5) on Saturdays, 1:00pm and Sundays, 10:00am in November.
- For more information, view our sports pages. View all youth sports options and register online today!
VOLUNTEER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We need parent volunteers for youth soccer coaching! If you can help, contact our Sports Department at [email protected].
Jump into fun with gymnastics! Toddlers and teens can grow strong, get confident and find balance in a safe, fun and encouraging environment. Learn more.
We have openings in our popular gymnastics classes! See our openings below and register today.
- Adult gymnastics: Tuesdays, 6:30–7:25pm
- Boy Level 3: Fridays, 3:30–5:25pm
Little Feet Dance Program — Our eight week Little Feet dance is open for registration! To register, please contact Donna Link at [email protected].
Holiday Dance Showcase: Sunday, December 17, 2:30pm - 3:30pm — Registration is required. Please contact Donna Link at [email protected].
- Swim team: Our swim team is back in the water! For more information or to schedule a tryout, contact our aquatics department at [email protected]. Or visit our swim team pages to learn more about practices and registration.
- Swim lessons: Sign up for swim lessons today! We will take a slight break from December 22–January 1 for the holidays.
Join us for a game of chess on Wednesdays at 3:00–4:30pm.
PRESCHOOL AT FLORA VISTA
Our preschool program is designed to be engaging, stimulating and interactive, with hands-on activities that help children learn through play. We believe that every child is unique and has their own strengths and abilities, and we work to support and encourage each child to reach their full potential. Learn more.
Registration is now open! Email Karisa Riddle today at [email protected] to join our list today!
Learn about preschool at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA.
Preschool openings at the Ecke YMCA Preschool! Preschool is open from 7:30am-5:30pm.
Y Club is a way to ensure your child is in a safe, fun, and caring environment before and/or after school. Each day includes new curriculum or activity to help participants learn, build life skills, and develop healthy relationships — including healthy snacks, sports and games, art and music, tutoring and more! Learn more.
Tuesdays, 10:00am — Explore your inner artist with the guidance of our instructor Colleen! Supplies are provided We'll meet in the lobby.
AQUATIC PARK RENTALS
Make a splash at the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA aquatic park with our Lagoon rentals! Enjoy relaxing, celebrating a birthday with friends or just hanging out in the beautiful Agua Hedionda Lagoon. Learn more!
The world-famous Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Skate Park is one of the biggest and most diverse in San Diego County. Our open skate sessions are a great way to enjoy the park daily! Great for ages 6 and up. Check out session times and prices. And the skatepark is now hosting birthday parties! For more information on anything skatepark, contact Mike Wilson at [email protected].
- Transportation to the skate park: Need your skater picked up from school? We can help with that! The YMCA bus will pick your child up from school and safely transport them to the skate park where they will be supervised by our amazing skate park staff. Once at the skate park, there will be a snack, skate tips and free skate! Program offered at: Capri Elementary School, Ocean Knoll Elementary, Park Dale Lane Elementary and Paul Ecke Central Elementary School Times: school dismissal to 6:00pm. Learn more.
- Classes take place on weekdays, Mondays-Fridays, 11:00am-1:00pm, for amateur skaters who want to connect and improve their skills. Fee: $34 members | $45 participants. - Register today!
- Shred it up at the skate park! New open skate sessions for fall season are Monday - Friday, 3:00pm-7:45pm and Saturday-Sunday, 9:00am - 4:00pm. Learn more about all skate options on our skate park page.
Now offering private and semi-private martial arts lessons to better help your kids build confidence, discipline and strength! Register now for our martial arts classes and learn a blend of tae kwon do, karate, judo and jiujitsu. For more information, contact Sascha Fischer at [email protected].
- Kick it with us! Learn various martial arts styles, forms and techniques to grow in strength and confidence! Register today.
Celebrate your special day at the YMCA! Our birthday options range from gymnastics, martial arts, pool, skatepark and more! The YMCA will provide an instructor, party area, cake, gift bags, party t-shirt and tons of fun! Space is limited so be sure to reserve early!
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
Let's play mahjong! Our new mahjong group is now starting. We are playing this exciting game on Fridays, 9:30am - 11:30am. Free for members!
Our fun and engaging origami workshops with Walter are held from 11:00am to 12:00pm, Wednesdays.
RARE BEARS SEWING CLUB
The Rare Bears Sewing Club sews and finishes stuffed bears for children with rare diseases. Meets every fourth Tuesday from 10:00am to 12:00pm. No experience necessary! For information, contact Brian Wagner, [email protected].
Do you enjoy reading and like to share your thoughts with others? Join us for our newly formed YAA Women's Book Club for Y members! You will gain various perspectives, learn and be exposed to many different types of books while meeting new people and exercising your mental aptitude.
The book club meets on the second Thursday of the month from 6:00–7:30pm in Conference Room C. No registration is required. We will read the following award-winning selections on their respective dates:
- December 8 – A Novel of Fame, Honor and Really Bad Weather by Jincy Willett
- January 11 – At Dusk by Hwang Sok-yong
- February 8 – Goodbye, Columbus by Philip Roth
- March 14 – The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
- April 11 – Trust Exercise by Susan Choi
- May 9 – All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
- June 13 – Beloved Beasts by Michelle Nijihuis
Our Ecke Y Walking Club meets twice weekly: 8:00am, Tuesdays and Saturdays. Members can sign in at the lobby before gathering outside in front of the Y. The route varies each week, and we have a light and non-light group!
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
More to explore
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Did you know you could help save up to three lives by giving blood? The YMCA of San Diego County has partnered with the San Diego Blood Bank to host blood drives across the county this year. Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! Make an appointment here or call (619) 400-8251.
Y in the COMMUNITY
CONNECTING YOU TO CARE
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
HELP PAYING FOR CHILD CARE
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Check our catalog for a roundup of all activities and
programming available at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA.
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.