The YMCA of San Diego County has been serving families for the past 138 years. Together, we’ve seen our share of challenges, and the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be one we’re facing together.
We continue to work with federal, sate and local officials as well as the American Camp Association and Y-USA experts on protective measures to ensure a safe environment for all. These include but are not limited to:
- Daily temperature checks for all campers and staff
- Social distancing
- Frequent hand washing
- Enhanced sanitizing practices
- Stable camp groups
- Limited to zero interactions with other camp groups
While camp may look different this year, the fun, educational and energetic experience you’ve come to expect from our Y camps will remain the same.
WHAT’S THE SAME
- Wide variety of activities for your child to explore
- Outdoor play
- Opportunity to make friends
- Peace of mind for working parents
For the best experience, create or sign into your My Y Profile first. Also, please note that an active membership is required at the time of the program start date to receive the member pricing discount.
Looking for Branch Specific Information?
Our Summer Camp branch pages have locations, digital summer camp guides and more that will help you make your choice.
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you have any questions or need help registering, email us at [email protected].
Find a variety of day camps that are currently open by branch locations.
If you had previously registered for camp at a facility that is not listed above, check our locations page to see which of the above facilities are closest to you.
- All registrations must be made online at ymcasd.org.
- A $50 deposit can be made at the time of registration to save a spot in camp without immediately paying the full amount. Deposits are non-refundable – but can be applied as a deposit for another camp if space is available.
- Full payment is due by end-of-day Monday, a week before camp. Non-payment will result in the camper being removed from the roster and their space becoming available to new registrants. A $25 late fee will be added to registrations starting the Tuesday before the start of camp.
- Due to health and safety protocols, we can only offer day camp to a limited number of campers. Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage anyone interested in camp to register as soon as possible.
- These unprecedented times have created an unprecedented need for financial assistance. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss options that may be available to you.
- Vouchers can be applied to new day camp registrations during checkout.
- Vouchers are tied to the same account you registered with, and are applied to new programs during the checkout process.
- You can also choose to apply the voucher to another Y program, convert the voucher into a refund, or donate all or part of it to help support the YMCA’s efforts in supporting our community.
- If you register for a camp and do not see the voucher application option appear during the checkout process, don't worry — simply register for the camp with a $25 deposit to save your space, then email us at [email protected] for help.
- Friend Requests
- Requests must be received by the Wednesday before camp starts
- Requests must be provided by the families of both campers
- Both campers must be registered for the same camp
- Campers are limited to 1 friend request per camp each week
Our top priority is the health and safety of our campers, their families, our staff and the community. We are working closely with local health officials, the American Camp Association and the CDC to ensure all recommended safety measures are met.
While the COVID-19 virus is challenging us to make camp look different this year, you’ll find the same high-quality camp experience you’ve come to expect from the Y.
Since 1882, our camps have inspired kids with countless opportunities to laugh, lead and make lasting friendships, and we vow to continue that tradition!
Full Day Camp:
- Camp Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Drop-off Hours: 8:00 - 9:00am (Expect Delays)
- Pick-up Hours: 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Camp Hours: 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Drop-off Hours: 8:30 - 9:30am (Expect Delays)
- Pick-up Hours: 11:30am - 12:30pm
Authorized parent(s)/guardian(s) must accompany their camper through the mandatory sign-in process, which includes a temperature check and an intake screening. Any camper with a temperature exceeding 100°F degrees will not be allowed to attend camp that day.
Authorized parent(s)/guardian(s) must also wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth. Pens will be labeled clean or used and will be sanitized after each use to provide the legal signature required at drop-off and pick-up. A government-issued photo ID is also required at pick-up.
LATE PICK-UP POLICY
Children not picked up at the end of the camp day will be supervised by our staff.
A fee of $1 per minute will be charged when camp closes. For example: A full day of camp ends at 4:30 pm, and if a child is picked up at 4:56 pm, there will be a charge of $26. Every attempt will be made to contact parents or a listed authorized pick-up.
If by 5:30pm all contacts are not reachable, and the child has not been picked up, Child Protective Services will be contacted. A late fee will be assessed starting at 4:30 pm according to our clock.
Camp Friend Requests
Making friends and building healthy relationships is an important part of camp. If your child wants to be in the same group as another camper, please notify your Camp Director as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee accommodation, but we will do our best to honor your request.
ADDITIONAL DAY CAMP POLICIES
For more information about Day Camp at the YMCA of San Diego, visit our Day Camp Policy page here.
With A Different Theme Each Week!
These ultra-spirited, fun-filled camps are full of big themes, big ideas and big fun!
Each week will have a different theme that will guide our activities and trips for the week.
Set in the YMCA style of different crazy activities each and every day, your camper will have a great time at one of our extraordinary facilities.
Focusing on Unique Subjects!
Our phenomenal specialty day camps combine the traditional fun of YMCA camps with a more unique and focused experience.
Each specialty camp has a wide range of subjects to campers to enjoy.
Teaching Teamwork and Sportsmanship!
Recreational games and skill building with a focus on sportsmanship. Enjoy basketball, soccer, baseball, flag football and many other active games.
Tailored for Young Adults
The YMCA offers fun and challenging camp activities specifically tailored to preteens and teens. Teens will have fun as they learn, grow and thrive under the guidance of caring, well-trained staff members.
Teen Leadership Camps
Leaders in Training (LIT) and Counselor in Training (CIT)
These day camp programs are an excellent opportunity for teens to learn hands-on job experience and responsibilities, while still operating under the supervision of our camp staff team. Additionally, all hours completed within a LIT Placement Day Camp can be recorded as community service hours!
Specialty Camps at Half the Cost
Some of our locations offer a Half-Day Camp option for some of our special interest programs!
When signing up for Half-Day Camps, campers will join the camp only for the time of the camp allotted to the specialized activity at a lower-cost!
All half-day options will allow your camper to either be dropped off or picked up at regular camp times as noted above the camps description. However, parents will be responsible to pick up their camper at the designated time and location for morning programs, or drop off their camper at the designated location and time for afternoon programs.
Special Needs Camp
Low-Ratio Camps with Specialized Care
Youth with developmental disabilities, physical and mental health challenges, or other impairments that may require special attention or benefit from like-situated campers have great options through the Y.
Our inclusion programs are available (at most branches) but space is very limited due to the new health and safety requirements.
If your child has any special needs and you're interested in signing them up for camp, email us at [email protected] for help.
School Break Camps
Kids Can Play and Thrive Throughout the Year
When school’s not session, we provide a fantastic experience where kids can still learn and grow.
Camping Trips for a Parent and Child
This long-standing program is dedicated to strengthening the bonds between parent and child. Adventure Guides is designed to strengthen the relationship through fun activities like hiking and camping.