We’ve redesigned Child Watch, one of our most popular member programs, to make it safe for families! In each session, children ages 2-9 will be placed into consistent small, stable groups where they will participate in engaging activities that promote friendship and fun while parents work out.
Activities will include games, arts and crafts and more with a focus on making new friends, having fun and learning! Children will be supervised by trained YMCA staff.
VIEW CHILD WATCH PROGRAMS BY BRANCH:
- Copley-Price Family YMCA
- Mission Valley YMCA
- South Bay Family YMCA
- Cameron Family YMCA
- T. Claude and Gladys B. Family YMCA
- 75 minute sessions, morning or afternoon. Available 2 days/week
- For children ages 2-9
- Consistent, small groups
- $20 per child/session
- New guidelines to keep your family safe
- Additional times and sessions will be added based on demand
The YMCA has implemented new safety and cleaning procedures that adhere to the highest standards of hygiene and safety and follow county and state health guidelines, providing the safest environment possible.
- Active Family I or Family II YMCA membership is required to attend this program.
- Families will pre-register for program days and time sessions. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times indoors and outside. Members must wear a face covering while entering the facility, in the locker rooms, and while waiting on deck for reservations. Face coverings may be removed while on deck if six feet of social distancing can be maintained.
- Children ages two through second grade, while not required by local health officials, should wear face coverings if they can be worn properly with no adult assistance. All face covering designs should not be offensive or feature innapropriate designs. Medical exceptions are allowed.
- Children who are engaged in outside play and are able to maintain six feet of distancing are not required to wear face coverings.
- If the desired sessions are sold out, members are encouraged to add themselves to the wait list and additional sessions will be added based on demand.
- Advanced registration is required to provide stable groups. No substitutions or transfers in attendance can be made after the first day to maintain the stable groups.
- No refunds will be available for cohorts that are quarantined due to COVID-19. The refund / voucher / transfer policy for this program is as follows:"
- Before the start date of the first week: 100% voucher or refund.
- On the Monday of the first week: 75% voucher or refund.
- After the Monday of the first week, no vouchers or refunds will be provided.
- Parents must stay at the YMCA location while their child(ren) are checked in at Child Watch.