Recreational and Preschool Gymnastics Program Policies
Health and Safety:
The health and safety of our participants and staff continue to be our top priority. Our gymnastics programs follow state, local and federal guidelines to ensure a safe experience. We have updated our health and safety procedures to keep our participants safe.
- Gymnasts are encouraged to bring water in a refillable water bottle.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitization are required.
- Staff will sanitize gymnastics equipment throughout the day.
- Gymnasts and staff will continue social distancing from other groups when possible.
- Gymnastics groups will have limited to zero interaction with other groups to ensure social distancing.
- Effective March 1, 2022, face coverings are strongly recommended indoors — but are no longer required — for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
- Staff have been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff have been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
- Each branch will have a specific area for spectators. It may be indoor or outdoor.
Attire for Classes:
- Girls: Leotards or comfortable shorts and a T-shirt.
- Boys: Athletic shorts and a T-shirt.
- Avoid clothes with zippers, snaps and buttons. Students may wear socks or go barefoot. Hair must be pulled back. No jewelry or gum.
Our current class ratios are:
- Parent/Child class ratio up to 10
- Preschool class ration up to 6
- All recreational class ratios up to 8
The purpose of the Transfer/Voucher/Refund policy is to allow the YMCA to provide quality programs and proper class ratios while maintaining flexibility with members and program participants.
- Before the program start date: 100% voucher or refund less the deposit, uniform fees or vendor fees as applicable.
- On or after the program start date: 75% voucher or refund less the deposit, uniform fees or vendor fees as applicable.
- On or after the second day of a program: 0% voucher or refund.
All requests are subject to director approval and may take three to five (3-5) business days for approval.
Personal training requires at least a twenty-four (24) hour prior notification of change or appointment cancelation – otherwise, the session will be forfeited.
Medical/special circumstances may be taken into consideration and partial fees may be refunded at the branch’s discretion. If the YMCA cancels a class/program, registration and fees will be refunded at no charge.
To receive "Y Member Rate" for any program, membership must be active throughout the duration of the registered program session(s), otherwise "Participant Rate" will be applied.
Due to COVID-19, we are not allowing make-up classes at this time.
Checking in for Classes:
All kids will have a health check when coming to gymnastics class. Check-in is also required to ensure your child is registered and in the correct level. Please bring a receipt if you register on the day of class. All gymnasts must fill out a new waiver to enter the facility. (También disponible en español)
Progressing to the Next Level:
To progress to the next level, a student must be able to perform all skills in their current level. When registering your child for his/her current level, please review the skills requirements to determine their appropriate level.
One of our Y staff will inform you and your child when it's time for an evaluation.
Evaluations are required for Hotshots, Intermediate Levels and above.
Parents/guardians are not permitted inside the gymnastics area. Each branch will have a specific area for spectators. It may be indoor or outdoor.